Festival of Faith & Writing conference
- Facebook Revolution: How writers can use social media to build their relationships (great panel discussion!)
- Reading by David and Diane Munson from their new book, “Hero’s Ransom”
- The Art of Bloodletting: Translating Suffering to the shared page (made me contemplate a future writing of mine that needs to get out there)
- What “Some” editors want “Some” Writers to know
- Wally Lamb, There but for the grace of God: what my writing has taught me about sin, redemption, and the complexity of the Crime-and-Punishment Equation
I’m excited to begin Day #2 of the conference held at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Yesterday, I handed my book proposal (my ‘baby’) to two potential editors I met with during the conference. God is in control of that now. I plan to talk with a couple more editors today.
It was great seeing old friends and connecting with new ones. Today, a bit worn and slightly overwhelmed, I need to prepare body and mind for Day #2. There sure is a LOT of walking to be done – I went from all the way east of campus, across the pedestrian bridge, all the way west, and back again a couple of times. Whew!