I’m thoroughly enjoying a book, One Thousand Gifts-A dare to live fully right where you are,” my friend Kathy gave me. Ann Voskamp, the author, encourages the reader to be thankful. She claims the “real problem of life is never a lack of time. The real problem of life—in my life—is lack of thanksgiving. Thanksgiving creates abundance; and the miracle of multiplying happens when I give thanks—and He miraculously makes it more than enough.”
The author suggests creating a list of naming God-gifts. This list helps me reflect on the tiniest of good gifts God bestows. When I focus on daily good gifts, it steers me away from dwelling on what I do not have and causes me to be more thankful for what I do have.
I’m up to number 30 today:
30) Good night’s sleep rocked by gentle waves
31) Leisurely morning wake-up
32) Breakfast eaten out doors
33) Full sun warms my brow and head
34) First sail of the spring season, crisp winds—oh, so good to be out in God’s creation!