What’s it like when the grandchildren are around?
- Every breath is like inhaling fresh air into my lungs
- Gives me reason to rise early in the morning
- Bursts of energy from on high
- Courage and determination to live and live holy and perfectly (little eyes watch and minds absorb every word and deed!)
- Able to swing higher, walk and shop longer, swim/float, build sand castles, bake cakes and cookies, create towers, color with rainbow jumbo crayons, read stories (favorites over & over again)
- Feel the need to nap when they nap. Rise when they rise
- Always carry gum and mints and water bottles
- Just can’t get enough lovin’ and kisses!
There’s nothing quite as special as being in the presence of innocent, say-it-like-it-is little people. Life seems less complicated, pure. I feel younger, more full of energy and vitality. Exhaustion does sink in, but I sleep soundly. I am at peace and all is well with my soul.
“Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name…who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” (Psalm 103:1, 4–5)
Teresa Kay Lasher©2011
2 Responses to Joys of Grand-parenting